You know the old saying: “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Recently we were given the lemon of “no” to publish our book, aka, “Marriage Behind Bars.” However, where one door closes another door opens, thus producing the lemonade. Although that proverbial door has not yet opened, we believe God’s timing will make the perfect lemonade, or in our case, a book that will not only help others, but bring Him glory. So in the mean time we will keep serving, helping others behind bars and giving those that are down and out, hope!
Overcoming is all about dealing with adversity and there are many who forged the way and have given us inspiration. People like Helen Keller, Winston Churchill, J.K. Rowling and many others.
Determination, resilience and persistence enabled all of these great people to push past their adversities and prevail. If they could do it, surely the rest of us can summon the strength and courage to overcome our adversities!
Points to Ponder:
- The difficult times in life help us appreciate when things are going smoothly.
- Look for the learning opportunities in every adverse situation.
- Decide whether you will allow your experience to make or break you. Depending upon how you choose to perceive it; it could go either way.
- Be prepared to accept the worst, should it occur. When you have prepared yourself mentally for the worst it rarely ever happens, and if it does, it seems less so because you are better equipped to handle it.
- Cultivate faith, courage and resilience. The more of these qualities with which you are armed, the lesser the impact of the adversity.
- Remind yourself that adversity is part of life. Accepting adversity helps you overcome it.
In closing, we will persevere on our book. Lemonade anyone?